Celery juice is the perfect drink for after your workout. It will replace lost electrolytes and rehydrate your body and has been shown to effectively and significantly lower total cholesterol and LDL cholesterol (often called bad cholesterol). Celery can also be used as a natural laxative, relieving constipation. Also use celery juice to help regulate body fluid and stimulate urine production, which is important to help rid the body of excess fluid.
Burdock root is a cancer-fighting root and one of nature’s best blood purifiers! Burdock root is highly concentrated in vitamins B1, B2, B3, and C. It is also loaded with iron, manganese, silicon, and zinc. It is balanced between quantities of calcium and phosphorous, which makes it neutral in pH.
Burdock root is also great for inflammatory conditions; and it improves digestion, stimulates digestive juices, increases bile flow, and increases kidney function. Burdock root contains the compound inulin, which is a great food source for probiotics (friendly intestinal bacteria).
Try juicing burdock root with your favorite fruits and vegetables.
Some info from Eating for Beauty.
Did you know that the juices of apples, grapes, oranges, and carrots are good cleansing juices? Grapefruit, lemon, cucumber, and greens are more helpful for weight loss. Let’s take a look at fruit and vegetables juices and the roles they play in our healing our bodies.
- Lemon – liver, gallbladder, allergies, asthma, cardiovascular disease (CVD), colds
- Citrus – CVD, obesity, hemorrhoids, varicose veins
- Apple – liver, intestines
- Pear – gallbladder
- Grape – colon, anemia
- Papaya – stomach, indigestion, hemorrhoids, colitis
- Pineapple – allergies, arthritis, inflammation, edema, hemorrhoids
- Watermelon – kidneys, edema
- Black cherry – colon, menstrual problems, gout
- Greens – CVD, skin, eczema, digestive problems, obesity, breath
- Spinach – anemia, eczema
- Parsley – kidneys, edema, arthritis
- Beet greens – gallbladder, liver, osteoporosis
- Watercress – anemia, colds
- Wheatgrass – anemia, liver, intestines, breath
- Cabbage – colitis, ulcers
- Carrots – eyes, arthritis, osteoporosis
- Beets – blood, liver, menstrual problems, arthritis
- Celery – kidneys, diabetes, osteoporosis
- Cucumber – edema, diabetes
- Jerusalem artichokes – diabetes
- Garlic – allergies, colds, hypertension, DVD, high fats, diabetes
- Radish – liver, high fats, obesity
- Potatoes – intestines, ulcer
When juicing, always buy fruits and vegetables that are organic or from a farmer that you know doesn’t prescribe to any kind of “cides” in farming. Take care of your body and it will take care of YOU!